Monday, April 23, 2007

Fabric Journals

This is a page from an art journal that I made to celebrate my daughter Amy and her dream of owning a horse. It was a dream that she made come true and I have been so proud of her. Over the last five or six years, I've made fabric journals to mark important occasions, to honor a special person, or to commemorate an artistic achievement. For example, the page below was made to respond to a challenge put out by Quilting Arts in 2004 and was to illustrate the process of creating a piece of wearable art. It was published in the spring issue 2004.


In May and June, I am teaching a series of classes in making fabric art journals at artstream studios in Rochester New Hampshire . Go here for more information and to register.




































No comments: