Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sur·ly (sûrli) adjective
sur·li·er, sur·li·est
surli adv.
surli.ness n.
1. Sullen; 2. Ill-humored and gruff
3. Threatening; 4. Arrogant
5. Domineering; 6. Haughty

A challenge from Whipup.net ~~ Make weekend art. Mount it on your blog by Monday, midnight.
What is your surly girl side?
What's mine?
Would I admit to one?
Would you?
Read a Canadian report on the life expectancy of surly people:
The report notes also that "Traditionally, mean women have a life expectancy less than their male counterparts . . . But since women have started taking on the habits of men such as cursing out the mechanic who fixes their car, they've begun to live longer".
WOW! Check it out.

4 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

I admit there is a time of the month when I become a bit ill-humored...
So I made something which will warn everyone of this particular time. All in good fun!

Pat said...

Oh I remember those times....but you are so warm, tender and sweet that I cannot imagine you shouting -- BUZZ OFF. Me? Now that is another story...........

I am not going to make the midnight deadline; I traded in surly for writing the ROH grant for cultural conservation (lighting board and seat restoration). First draft went to TH just a moment ago.

Perhaps I make the project I had in mind and put it up on my blog without the cute button.......

Susan Schwake said...

yes you should pat. and you spent your time much more wisely.
i fritter my so called extra hours into creative nonsense.
... i will be waiting to see your surly side! ... mine has increased with menopause. why do they call something which lasts ten years a PAUSE?

Pat said...

But when the ten years of pausing END ........ ahhhhh great relief. Oh, I forgot: those nasty HFs continue nearly forever!!!!! Now is that fair?

Well, I felt well pleased with myself for doing the right thing and the thing right....but it isn't what I really wanted to do. This is a vaca week for me and the cultural conservation grant was hanging over my head, undone. So, not to be totally UNDONE (yes, and surly!), I did it in my PJs early yesterday morning and last night.