Wednesday, April 26, 2006


While browsing Artella on-line this morning,
I found this inspirational quote.

It is for my sister, Donna, who is recovering from surgery to remove a cardiac sarcoma at Beth Israel - Deaconess Hospital in Boston. She has heart; no lack of courage; an artist's sensibility and sensitivity. Has shown her work in group shows and one-woman shows in various venues, among them the Worcester Art Museum. Wife to Tim, Mom to Sarah who is in her first year of studies in Studio Art at BU. Sister to 5, daughter and friend. A beautiful woman who has created a beautiful art-ful art-filled life.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Have you discovered,


I followed a link on someone's blog about 10 days ago
Voila! Eureka!
What a discovery. Artella is a magazine, an e-zine, a chat room; they publish a newsletter and offer on-line workshops and classes. It's a book shop and outlet for art supplies. And much more. They offer a free trial of one issue, Vol 5, I think. Anyway, it is packed-up full of good stuff. Check out their new MAGICAL MINI QUILT Creative TWIST .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It is a lovely clear spring day here. Blue sky. Oh, little crisp this early morning with temps in the mid-forties. But the day bodes well for sun and spring activities.
Perhaps, the return of spring weather is what motivated my stint of cleaning yesterday. Whatever .... the rooms are clutter-free. I opened the windows and brought in light and good clean fresh air. Feels good. Looks good.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I am still organizing my studio: adding new storage units for fabric & antique linen. But last night I got seduced by a cluster of fabric left from a project or two or 3 or more. Who knows! Found a new palette; created a new arrangement; into the mix went some vegetable-dyes from my garden.
I think I've got something going here. Haven't taken any photos but will do and put them into the blog'o'sphere.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And still enjoying vaca from work. It is now 10:06 EST. Oh, I'm dressed, yes. But enjoying a lazy second cup of coffee with my lemon curd on toast. And surfing the blog'o'sphere. . . . adding myself to it.
Have a peaceful wonderful loving day!

2 comments:

Susan Schwake said...

hello pat!
lovely weather? yes yes yes!
i just wanted to let you know i linked your blog to mine...
just so..

Pat said...

Good Sunday Morning, Susan! And sweet news of your Whip Up win but not surprising. . . Will look forward to seeing you soon. Pat