Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Here in coastal New Hampshire,
we need a little sunshine.
I need to remind myself that this rain
will produce bountiful beautiful blooms in June.
This is another of the flower photos I took last summer
in Celia's Garden on Appledore Island.
Surely a one of my favorite places in all the world.

This rain brought an unexpected hiatus from work as flooding has overcome the neighborhood where my school is located. The effects of this storm on the infrastructure of the school building are quite major; there is no indication when school will resume.

A planned vacation is one thing. If it is a trip one has planned there is the preparation and then the savoring of new sights and sounds. If it is a stay-at-home-and-catch-up kind of vacation, one plans projects or day trips, picnics at the beach and relaxing with a good book.

But this unexpected vacation from work has me at sixes & sevens (I have always LOVED that sooo British of phrases!). And so I wait.

For the rain to stop.

For the rain to stop.

For the rain to stop.

We are told there could be another three inches of rain today on top the previous eleven inches from the preceding days.

But how fortunate we are here in my little coastal town. There have been no evacuations as in other towns. Our roadways have held strong with the exception of two washouts.

Perhaps the sun will shine tomorrow.

No comments: