Tuesday, May 02, 2006

~~ WORD PLAY ~~
This is a good exercise; I like the free association - the memories that are evoked - the senses that are aroused. What a surprise when doing the letter "A" and I suddenly remembered my mother's passion for tart apples with salt sprinkled on them ~~ and best if they were stolen from someone's orchard. This from a very straight-laced woman!

Dahlia, when I was in Alaska, I saw dahlias as big as THIS!!!!!! You can't imagine. . . . . .

Ding Dong Ms. Frances school, my brother's favorite morning TV show and he'd be embarrased if he knew about this

Dion, a 1950's? or 60s? singer

Damask, a wonderful woven linen

Dilly
Dally, as in dilly or while away your time with day dreaming

Delectable mountains, a patchwork block pattern
Delectable cloth, a fabulous fabric store in Brattleboro




No comments: