Monday, June 12, 2006

Made2Mail Fabric Postcards
Here are a few more examples from my flurry in the playroom

The postcard below is is a commercial print that I highlighted and outlined with thread and flat shell-like beads


The second postcard began with a layer of solid cottons both commercial and hand-dyed in values from soft and muted to medium.
These were sewn together in narrow strips with raw edges showing. A grid made of thread became the basis for building up cording with satin stitching on the sewing machine. A layer of tulle and embellishment of "eyelash" yarn



I had lots of fun with this one using a variety of commercially printed fabrics and lots of thread play



The next one is a piece of Japanese cotton with sashiko done by hand with a variegated Japanese cotton thread. I did a bit of machine quilting along the sashiko lines to accentuate it. My plan is to add a small bead in the center of the intersecting lines.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

CalicoDaydreams said...

I love the Japanese hand quilted one! Your stitches are so perfect!

If you are looking to trade it, let me know! I am always up for trades and would be happy to make you a pc in your favorite colors and themes!