Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Mailable Art Trade
New Hampshire to Dusseldorf & Back

Recently I was contacted by Beate
to make a fabric postcard trade. She had seen my postcards here and liked them.

I had been admiring her work for quite awhile.

This is my first postcard trade.

We made a plan to trade, each choosing one fabric postcard from the others collection that had been posted on our blogs.

Beate chose this card for her trade.
It is constructed of antique lace; I sewed a small antique greeting card to the base that dates from early 20th century. Under all is a hand-dyed dryer sheet and a contemporary sheer with a floral design.
I collect and sell antique linens and sometimes buy ephemera at auction. The little calling cards and small greetings cards always make me smile.

I mailed the card to Beate on Monday by air letter post and she should receive it within one week.

I cannot wait to receive my card. Beate's work is just wonderful. I chose a postcard entitled, Explosion. I will post it here when it arrives.

1 comment:

Gina E. said...

What a lovely idea! People are so inventive - this is a different slant on the kind of mail art that I have seen previously.