Thursday, July 13, 2006

My mailable art trade with Beate
Beate lives in Dusseldorf, is a photographer and fiber artist. She contacted me requesting a trade of mailable art. I was thrilled and delighted as I had been visiting her blog and was inspired by her work. The postcard above is my trade from Beate. She named it, Explosion.
Beate's use of color and the wondrously thick thread-work is very effective. I love how the thread seems to take on the effects of paint.
Well I consider this a wonderfully successful trade!
You can find Beate at this address:
We each chose the card we wanted from among those listed on our blog. Each card selected was very different. Each has its own strong narrative line. Mine uses antique lace and ephemera and is a sentimental presentation; her's is all contemporary with lush coloration.
We were both ecstatic with our trade!

1 comment:

Beate Knappe said...

Yes Pat I love Your card, and the Internet who makes this happend
:-)