Friday, July 28, 2006

These days.
I don't have as much time in my studio/playroom.
Oh, I'm not complaining.
Every moment I spend there is pure joy.
______________________
This little post card (or postquard as Deb H of Anchorage likes to say)
is antique lace over contemporary furnishing fabric
with various vintage and retro buttons.
The images are reproductions. 4X6
_____________________
These days.
When in my studio,
I am playing with an interesting technique.
Laying antique laces over a base fabric,
covering all with a fine layer of fabric glue and painting.
The effects are quite magical.
Photos to follow.
_____________________
These days.
We are enjoying a visit from Victoria, our very special 13 year-old granddaughter.
While here, she is working on a project with antique lace
that will become a strapless camisole when completed.
I'll have some fine photos to share.

4 comments:

Deb Hardman said...

Isn't it fun spending time with the DGD? Mine just left after a 4 week visit. I loved every minute of it. I think I appreciate her even more than I did my kids. I didn't know they'd grow up so fast back then.

jackie said...

This work is v.pretty. You are lucky to have a grandaughter to share with - hopefully my time will come.

Anonymous said...

I agree, the effects are quite magical!

Susan Schwake said...

this looks really beautiful pat... so glad victoria is spending some time there!