Tuesday, January 02, 2007

THE WRITER
. . . . .is my sister, Michelle

This image is the inside spread of a booklet I made recently celebrating my Michelle who is a writer and English professor. That is Michelle on the right side of the spread. Yes, smoking a cigar. The picture was taken during a vacation on the beach in Maine.

What a strange winter season we are experiencing here on the coast of New Hampshire: only two very small, nearly insignificant snow falls and lots and lots of days in the 30s, 40s and even some in the 50s. Today we have a clear blue sky with high winds but mild temps in the 40s.

Just yesterday, I learned that I was among the lucky first five on Beate's blog and that a unique piece of art is on its way to me. My responsibility is to put the same challenge on my blog ~~~ paying it forward, as they say. Who are 'they' anyway??? Oh well but it is a great idea and I will; I am, that is.

So, to the first five readers of my blog who post a comment, you will receive a unique piece of art from me.

6 comments:

Tongue in Cheek Antiques said...

Much happiness and creative art i wish for you in this New Year! Thank you for the gift of your blog and the beauty you share so wisely.

Still Waters Studio said...

Beautiful work Pat. I'm glad you are enjoying some warm weather. Looks like I may be one of the lucky 5.

Anonymous said...

Pat,

What a wonderful page for your sister Michelle. I like the composition very much, and the balance of colors.

Robin

Jann said...

Global warming at its' best, Pat-odd weather everywhere this season.I traveled over from queenlint1 to visit your site.I see you visit Cory, also. She is amazing-we all are amazing!Cheers!

Anonymous said...

hello pat! i will trade you a piece ... how bout that?

Jann said...

Thank you for all the wonderful comments-and for stopping by!