Thursday, September 18, 2008

We went to the county fair.
The birds and the beasts were there.
The fastest Hollywood Pigs. . .
the smallest horse. . .
the tallest giraffe . . .
the quickest tongue. . .
the bravest high-wire artist.

But my favorite was in the 4-H building where we had the pleasure of watching the loveliest 5th grader present demonstration on making a south western snack dip. She was serious and determined standing before the judges panel. My heart went out to her at blip and bump that she encountered but oh my goodness, she just kept on keeping on ...... a real little trouper. And how I hope the judges were kind in there marking of her work in organization and presentation.

In the crafts building, I was wowed by some beautiful quilts and quilted things. A colleague of mine at school entered a lovely country-styled christmas tree skirt in tans and browns embellished with yo-yos and buttons.

In the end, I did not enter my quilts but chose instead to enter my concertina fabric book made with African fabrics. Happily, it took a second place ribbon.




No comments: