Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I've continued with making these small 4x6 art quilts mailable as postcards.
The African-influenced one above is my favorite of this group.

I'm quite pleased with this Asian-inspired one of "fabric bundles".
This one was an experiment in layering sheers with cottons, a faux suede and a kind of lame and lots of pattern thread work.
No. Maybe this is my favorite.
I am not a "fuser" but I experimented with fusing small bits that were left from other projects. And I like the results.

I really am partial to highly saturated colors and ethnic patterns.


4 comments:

Emmy said...

I love the postcards you are making very warm colors

CalicoDaydreams said...

I love the orange one (3rd one) the best, though your African ladies are beautiful!

Susan Schwake said...

very very lovely pat. when will you bring some to artstream to sell? i love the idea of a fabric postcard!
perhaps you could teach a class in it too?

Gina E. said...

Hi Pat,
Thank you for dropping in to visit me at Patra's Place - I'm always happy to share my linen collection with another linen lover! Your fibre/fabric postcards are lovely, so creative. I'm not creative at all - just content to admire other people's efforts! Will you be writing more about your linen collection on your blog? I'd love to see some photos of what you have.