Saturday, March 17, 2007






Ah for the wearin' o' the green.

Today my world is covered in frosty white. Yesterday's winter storm blew through New Hampshire dropping about a foot of snow on the coast. The day is dark and dreary; the trees are somber in their gray/black against a stormy bleak sky.
A sweet site in my neighborhood today is a little tyke helping mom to shovel -- scratch at the snow he goes, swing high the shovel, dance a sort of jig, twirl and try to move the snow and start it all over again.
In the recent past, we moved our snow around the 'old fashioned way' -- with shovel and muscle. Last year, we became the proud owners of a snow blower/thrower. We look very x-urban like all our neighbors. A small bow to conventionality.
Not only for the wearin' of the green. At noon today, I'll start the traditional St. Paddy's Day dinner of corned beef and caggage .
Oh but my recipe (or, I humbly confess, one that I found on the net a few years ago and has become 'mine) uses beer, white beans and lots of wonderful aromatic spices. In the pot it will go to simmer slowly all afternoon infusing every corner of the house with blissful blessings. That and an apple cake. Oh heaven.



Today is for playing. In the last few months, I have been 'product-oriented' and while it has been enjoyable, it is time to play with my toys just to see what emerges.
My recent 'products' are wearable art jackets that are for sale at Poppy Seed Studio in Somersworth on the main street and owned by Sherry and Jeff Pratt two really special people. Sherry is a jewelry designer and afficionado of all things antique and collectable. Her shop is joy filled with the work of local and regional artisans, fabulous gifts, antique furniture, new and antique jewelry and vintage clothing. In Sherry's Studio are also housed some of my antique linens, some wonderful vintage books, some vintage glass and china from my collections.
Cheers.
Make it a great day!!

No comments: