Saturday, March 24, 2007

I have a passion for collecting
Antique Linens

These are elegant white work
with cutwork and padded satin stitching
in various sizes to grace the dining table.

Old books that have been held and loved by others:

There is something wonderful about small leather volumes
that just fit in the hand or slide easily into pocket or purse.

I am fascinated by the personal inscriptions

written in spidery black ink. It must be the hidden voyeur in me.
I love period clothing, especially the Edwardian Era.
Above is a lovely child's silk cape and matching dress
in a quiet peach-y color
I am passionate about vintage ephemera
and use it in altered books and fabric postcards
Vintage China & Glass
that once graced Victorian tables.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My linens, books, clothing, china and glass have been selling at the
Poppy Seed Studio
in
Somersworth New Hampshire

A really fabulous little shop that features

  • the work of local and regional artisans
  • vintage clothing - hats, bags, jewelry, gowns & furs
  • unique & unusual gifts



No comments: